Mozilla today released the latest version of its flagship web browser, Firefox 96, adding several new features and fixes.
New features include:
- Significant improvements in noise suppression and auto-gain-control as well as slight improvements in echo-cancellation to provide users with a better overall audio experience.
- Significantly reduced main-thread load.
- On macOS, command-clicking links in Gmail now opens them in a new tab as expected.
- Fixes an issue where video intermittently drops SSRC.
- Fixes an issue where WebRTC downgrades screen sharing resolution to provide users with a clearer browsing experience.
- Fixes video quality degradation issues on certain sites.
- Detached video in full screen on macOS has been temporarily disabled to avoid some issues with corruption, brightness changes, missing subtitles, and high CPU usage.
- Various security fixes.
You can download Firefox 96 from the Mozilla website.